September 26, 2008

The Things We Don't Understand

Remembering Dan
Dan used to be one of my closest online buddies for a period of about 5~6 years. He lost his 15 year old daughter about 4 years ago while we were in touch. She killed herself. It appeared that it may have had something to do with a boy. As far as he knew she was a christian and not just because he was.

He, struggling to make sense of it, couldn't. He didn't share it all with me, but the anger was obviously there. He thereafter told me that some of his ideas about God had changed. We couldn't talk about God anymore, so we didn't really talk for a while. I didn't really know what he was going through.

I don't understand why God 'let it happen'. I didn't have anything to offer except prayer - yet in prayer I offered more than anything else.

But I know that God is faithful and that He is good. And that as bad as this is, others have lost the same and more and ultimately clung to God in greater ways. A historic example: Job.

Job was just a man as we are. Some people don't really understand or believe that GOD CAN HEAL ANYTHING, 100%. He is more than enough. We don't understand Him. But we can know Him.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 29:11-14

Knowing Him brings something greater out of any situation than we could have ever hoped for. More than understanding "Why?".

Dan and I are no longer in touch but I am happy to say that I did see a transformation up to our last conversation (almost 3 years ago) where there was an influx of joy and faith and expectation...healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment