December 31, 2008

deception at TWILIGHT

"for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."
(Ephesians 5:8-11)


I have received a number of hits to my page since a certain Anonymous poster at a well-loved blog I frequent, decided to try to set me straight after I posted a warning about this frighteningly popular book, and now a movie, Twilight.

I don't have the time to do and present the thorough research required to persuade some avid fans and others wondering about this, to look at it through biblical lens and what God's word reveals about His ways.

However, I believe there are some people who are interested in being led in the way of God's word even though right now they find themselves with questions and confused between all those who praise the author's work and those who attempt to expose it. Yes, I do want to be in the latter group, therefore I am posting a link that I hope will do a much better job than I can even attempt right now.

Please take a look and prayerfully review Berit Kjos's article on this. You can find it HERE and I encourage you to take the time to go to the links presented.

Finally, I am not exactly commenting outside my field of exposure as I was one of the most faithful viewers of the Buffy, The Vampire Slayer series starring Sarah Michelle Gellar which some of you may remember. In fact, what I thrived on the most was the somehow tragic romance between Buffy and her vampire lover, Angel. Sounds familiar?

3 comments:

  1. I've never read it. I've never seen it. I know it is about vampires from the blogger buzz on it and knowing that keeps me away.

    Did you know about my other blog? LOL!! I know, I'm everywhere! I can't decide where to land. myinnerbitsy.com

    I have been debating deleting A Walk - I know, I just moved it all there, but I transferred most of the posts from there to my other blog and am still in debate. I never wanted to be so open with my children's faces on the net (pictures/video - you will notice I deleted the post with the video). Anyways, I feel too out there now and it is leaving me unsettled. I will give it time before I decide anything, but even so I still blog at the Bitsy blog as I just love that one, LOL!

    Who knows, maybe in a week's time I will get over the unsettled feeling and deleting it will be farthest from my mind...

    Goodness, I am blog fickle!!!

    ((HUGS))
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do appreciate your comments & respect you very much. I will tell you that it was not my type of movie...I really knew nothing about it before going...& I am also very uneducated when it comes to vampires...I was lost during the movie and have never seen Buffy. I do plan to read the links you posted though. Thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Rebecca: The way I see it,if it's just about blogging, feel free to be 'fickle' :-)
    I totally understand your concerns about internet security and your kids, pics, names etc. I have been wondering if I should remove my headshot, lol. I visited the bitsy blog and I like it! I've added it to google reader (and still thankful for your pointer in this direction by the way ;)

    Mimi: No love is lost ;) However, from reading my blog you will notice that I am just very concerned about various things which simply cannot be reconciled to the God of the Bible, as He has revealed Himself. I feel it is our responsibility to expose darkness for the sake of those who really want to know & do the truth. I understand it means I will not be popular in many circles but I've counted the cost and it's ok. I would want someone to give me a heads up if they saw me going in some direction that had more in common with satan than with Jesus. Thank you for being so gracious about the fact that this little scenario occurred at your family friendly blog :-)

    ReplyDelete