January 16, 2010

Worldliness

Just a quick question:

"Imagine I take a blind test in which my task is to identify the genuine follower of Jesus Christ. My choices are an unregenerate individual and you. I'm given two reports detailing conversations, Internet activity, manner of dress, iPod playlists, television habits, hobbies, leisure time, financial transactions, thoughts, passions, and dreams. The question is: Would I be able to tell you apart?" 
- C.J. Mahaney in Wordliness: Resisting the seduction of a fallen world

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That quote is so convicting.

    I just found your blog. Your 'about me' on your profile was such a precious testimony of God's grace. Praise God!
    Keep up the good work!

    Joyfully in Him,
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ladies!

    Emily: Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It is so convicting indeed!

    Julia: Yep, I got this book as a birthday present and already I know it's going to require me to consider lots of the nitty gritty of daily Christian living!

    ReplyDelete