July 23, 2009

Finally saw Fireproof


I finally saw Fireproof the movie on DVD. I had heard a lot of great things about it. In fact, my friend's hubby who is strictly an 'action movie' type of guy, actually cried a little! I have to say, the acting was quite sub-standard. And this runs throughout the movie for the most part. However, the message of the movie is superb, necessary, and it comes through loud and clear. I was not as emotionally moved as I thought I would have been, based on the effect I've heard it had on some men who saw it, but I think this is because the movie targets men and husbands more than the opposite sex.

I would absolutely recommend this movie to anyone. It brings a message of what true love really is and how to make it work. The principles will work for anyone, regardless of whether they're a Christian or not. However, I daresay a non-Christian will not truly be able to love their partner consistently in actions, without the inner work of the Holy Spirit. This just happens to be another message in Fireproof. Enduring love starts with God and is perfected in God.

4 comments:

  1. It really made an impact on me... as for the acting, I excused it because most of the actors were volunteers and the film only had something like a $50,000 budget anyway... I think for me it was that I could see so much of how my marriage has been in just the first few scenes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you and your husband watch it together? It really is a great movie for couples. I think being already married you could appreciate this in a different way from singles like myself.

    I hadn't known the budget was so small, so they did a great job with the resources then. The acting isn't bad enough to affect the message which is the main thing and clearly it has served its purpose. I even had some favorite scenes of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I watched it alone and then we watched it together. We both were moved to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you got the Love Dare book. I couldn't help but wonder if it's written like the one in the movie...that might be a dumb Q, but is it?

    ReplyDelete