July 31, 2009

One Year of Blogging

I have now had this blog for ONE YEAR. I have enjoyed it. I had two other blogs some years ago but I was a student at school and didn't have the time and ability to keep at it though. Right now, I think I have discovered my place in the blog world as well as what I hope for out of it. At the very least, I have discovered what I am not.

I am not a pro-blogger. I am not seeking to earn any sort of income, ever, from blogging.
I am not a mommy blogger (yet) and so though I enjoy the stories and pictures, there's only so much I find I can comment on.
I am not a daily blogger. In fact, I can go happily for a long time without blogging as long as I continue to read/skim my favorite blogs at my own leisure. I do want to be somewhat regular for my readers though.
I am not a blogger driven by the number of readers or stats. It is nice, for sure, to have new readers - yet I would be very disappointed to know all these people weren't actually taking the time to read every now and then!
I am not the prettiest blogger. Aesthetics are nice and I wish I could do more design-wise, but I am not at the stage of pursuing change yet. I would be very happy were I to find someone who wanted to take on the challenge and teach me some stuff too. Even uploading photos for posting is something I have to discipline myself to do more of!
I am not an impersonal blogger. I really enjoy interacting on some level with the people who read my blog and vice versa. This is the 2nd biggest pay-off for me I think. I value authenticity in relationships greatly.

The WWW is not the best place to hope for relationships and friendships per se, but as long as I'm here and there are other people sitting behind their computers, I really want to make something more than an impersonal or superficial connection on some mutual level at some point along the way.

I read/subscribe to a wide variety of blogs: biblioblogs, mommy blogs, artsy blogs, food blogs, pastors' blogs and others. It's not possible to comment on everything but I do get a kick out of simple things like getting a reply to a comment or a whenever a little discussion evolves.

I am a blogger who wants to have something of value to say at the end of the day. I want something greater than my own thoughts, ramblings and experiences to be woven throughout the blog posts here. And this is my biggest pay off. To hope that God will use something I've said or shared, maybe even a Marvelous Musing, to reveal something more about Himself in some way to some one.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's quite a milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One year--congrats! I think it's great you want something more personal and for God to use your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Peter! I feel rather special this coming from a bonafide blogger and all, lol

    Thanks Julia! It's amazing how long this year was in coming...maybe because I don't blog every single day :-D

    ReplyDelete