August 21, 2010

Good gifts, simple pleasures

Lately...
  • I love waking up and finding myself all revved up and ready to praise God.
  • I love to be sitting in my room and hear my little niece and nephews laughing and playing outside. I often find myself thanking God for this simple pleasure. It's such a joy to hear happy kids enjoying being kids.
  • I love the satisfying look of freshly done nails, in a nifty coat of color. Polishing my nails has been extra thrilling and I'm not sure why, except that I've traded in my most-loved, classic french tips for some luscious, bright colors. A change can be exciting!
  • I love having long distance Skype chats and actually having a clear, smooth connection. This is an extra-special treat since there have been lots of mysterious, tech hiccups lately.
  • I love being able to re-read an old journal, and be amazed all over again at the awesome love of God; to see how far He's brought me and how He has always been faithful, even through very dark nights of my soul. 


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
James 1:17

2 comments:

  1. skype is wonderful when you are so far away from loved ones...well, it's amazing when it works. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia! It sure is...when it works :-p

    ReplyDelete