September 24, 2010

A safe place in God

"He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge."
Psalm 91:4a


Tell God all that is on your heart, as one unloads one's heart, its pleasures and its pains, to a dear friend. Tell Him your troubles, that He may comfort you; tell Him your joys, that He may sober them; tell Him your longings, that He may purify them; tell Him your dislikes, that He may help you conquer them; talk to Him of your temptations, that He may shield you from them; show Him the wounds of your heart, that He may heal them; lay bare your indifference to good, your depraved tastes for evil, your instability. Tell Him how self-love makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride disguises you to yourself and others. ~ Francois Fenelon

I have learned over the course of my life that God is safe place where I can bring every.single.thing that's on my heart. I have learned to run to Him. And I have learned to share with Him the depths of my heartaches, my disappointments, my insecurities, my hopes and my desires. One of the most life changing things I've come to know about God, is that although He is so great, immortal, eternal, so lofty, so wise; and although He rules the universe, and oversees and presides over courts both spiritual and material, He really.truly.cares for me...lighter-than-a-vapor and frail-as-a-flower 'me'.

God hedges in His own that He may preserve them, but oftentimes they only see the wrong side of the hedge, and so misunderstand His dealings. It was so with Job (Job 3:23). Ah, but Satan knew the value of that hedge! See his testimony in chapter 1:10. Through the leaves of every trial there are chinks of light to shine through. Thorns do not prick you unless you lean against them, and not one touches without His knowledge. The words that hurt you, the letter which gave you pain, the cruel wound of your dearest friend, shortness of money - are all known to Him, who sympathizes as none else can and watches to see, if, through all, you will dare to trust Him wholly. ~ Mrs. Charles E. Cowman

Sometimes I just need a friend and no one else will do. God has opens arms and heart for all who will call on Him in truth.

He has held me when I have had no more strength and have wondered how I would ever make it. He has held me when I have felt defeated by all that I had to do. When I have run to my El Shaddai, I have never come away wanting. He is my all-sufficient One. O Beloved, do you understand? Have you experienced Him as your El Shaddai? If not, He is waiting - arms opened wide - for you. ~ Kay Arthur


"The eternal God is your refuge,
And underneath are the everlasting arms."
Deuteronomy 33:27a

No comments:

Post a Comment